Queenway Bayswater London
Alhamdullilah, winter is a time for hosting friends, at home ideally. Or nearby in Kampung Teluk Ayaq (aka Bayswater) with its many cafes and eating joints.
Just the last ten days or so was a delight to host
- Dr Ha Joon Chang, the Cambridge economist and his wife, Hee Jeong to dinner at our flat. Tq to @masrahman for the great briyani! 😋
- Datin Faridah, Sonia, Selwa, veteran journalists Zaharah Othman and Wan Hulaimi, Kak Zaila, Ridzuan. Tq to Tuk Din for the special off menu food and also home delivery 🙏😁
- my old friend Dato Sri Idris Jala and his Pemandu Associates team
- Juan Harris, now with TNB International, coming to see a real stadium, shame about the result vs RB Leipzig
- Dato Dr Afifi, the Oxford don, after the Oxcis meeting
- Alif Rusli, the son of my late friend, Allahyarham Rusli Tan Sri Zainal Abidin. Alif was on holiday in London, good to see him.
- also Omar Shaikh of the Global Ethical Finance Initiative and Dr Imran Markar of UWI (both forgot to take photos haha, too engrossed in the great company and food!)
Super happy and honored to spend great quality time with friends over great simple food. Syukur alhamdullilah. Much food and food for thought: Also, can chat about the comings and goings back home 😬😅😇. May things get resolved for the better InsyaAllah. 🤲🇲🇾🙏.
1 March 2020