Country Heights MBA, Kajang
It started with a simple question from Aishah… “Pa, can you teach me about business please…!?”… it may have taken a global pandemic to get that moving but alhamdullilah, a family lockdown project was completed today! It’s graduation day for the Country Heights MBA ™️!
10 consecutive weeks, 10 sessions, 25 class hours, 10 guest speakers, 1 course director and 11 in the graduating class of 2020 😁.
Classes on the core MBA subjects of Accounting, Finance, Organisational Behaviour, Operations Management, Marketing and Strategy… and critical other disciplines of Economics, Ethics, Entrepreneurship, Investing, Innovation and Negotiations.
While yours truly was the “course director” carrying most of the core subjects, and Mas was the “culinary director” to keep the F&B flowing, super duper special thanks to guest speakers…
- Iwan Azlan Mokhtar of MISC on Organisational Behaviour
- Afzal Abdul Rahim of TDC on Entrepreneurship and Ops Management
- Seelan and DY Lin from McKinsey on Strategy
- Nicholas Khaw on Economics
- Javier Santiso on Tech Investing and
- Fares Zahir on Life Sciences Investing
- Tan Sri Jamal Ibrahim of Axiata on Marketing
- Charles Leadbeater on Innovation
- Shahzad Bhatti of Axiom Learning on Negotiations
All fantastic practicioners and not an exaggeration to call them experts in their fields, tqvm, it’s much appreciated jzkk 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Especially happy that this was somehow all organically done… It just snowballed naturally from Aishah’s first enquiry, to active curation and participation, no paksarela, nudge or whatever 🙏🏼🤲🏼😂! While you can’t expect to fully cover what a proper MBA takes up to two years full time to study for, our 25 hours was action packed and alhamdullilah it gives all participants a useful map of the business landscape and knowing what we don’t know, to perhaps whet the appetite of especially the kiddos to discover more about the life skills of excelling in business. InsyaAllah. 👩🎓⚖️🌏
14 September 2020